BSc (Hons) in Information Technology, PhD in Computer Science
Digital Preservation, Preservation Workflows, Education, eLearning, 3D, Crowd-sourcing and participatory heritage, Preserving Community Archives
Dr. Kathryn Cassidy is a member of the technical team at the Digital Repository of Ireland based in the Research IT group in Trinity College Dublin. She holds a PhD on the topic of eLearning for Grid Computing from Trinity College Dublin. Kathryn has over 20 years experience in the IT sector and has held a variety of roles including Software Developer, Project Manager, Supervisor and Education and Outreach Officer within industry and academic organisations. She has previously participated in serveral research projects within TCD including the EGEE, ICEAGE, EMI and StratusLab FP7 projects.
- Programme Committee, International Digital Curation Conference (IDCC) 2020
- Programme Committee, Open Repositories (OR) 2019
- Programme Committee International Summer School on Grid Computing (ISSGC) 2007 & 2008
- Programme Committee Joint European DCI Summer School (DCISS) 2011
- Europeana Common Culture
- 3D Content in Europeana Task Force
- Lecturer Programming for Digital Media MSc course
- Secretary of the Open Grid Forum Education and Training Community Group
- Recipient of OGF Student Scholar grant to attend GGF17 2006
Boon Low, Kathryn Cassidy, David Fergusson, Malcolm Atkinson, Elizabeth Vander Meer, and Mags McGeever. "Distributed Computing Education, Part 5: Coming to Terms with Intellectual Property Rights". IEEE Distributed Systems Online, 9(12), December 2008..